What Motivates Consumers to Engage With Online Content?
How do you build meaningful connections with your consumers? Look beyond the content they consume and connect with what drives them to it in the first place. And then, create more effective content by aligning it to specific motivations.
New global research by AOL explores over 55,000 consumer interactions with online content to better understand their motivations. Their research reveals that people around the world are engaging with digital content in eight different ways, which we refer to as “content moments.”
These eight content moments are:
- Inspire – Look for fresh ideas or trying something new
- Be in the Know – Stay updated or find relevant ideas
- Find – Seek answers or advice
- Comfort – Seek support or insight
- Connect – Learn something new or be part of a community
- Feel Good – Improve mood or feel relaxed
- Entertain – Look for an escape or a mental break
- Update Socially – Stay updated or take a mental break
Here’s everything you need to know: See more at the AOL research website. The site pages cover many different market segments, shopping and insights.