Social Media Management Tools
Why Use a Social Media Management tool?
If you are serious about a social media campaign for your business, it can help to use a social media management tool. You will set up the tool, usually an online, subscription-based source, by connecting the tool to your social media accounts. It will then allow you to pre-write posts and date them for publish – across several types of media. Commenting and connections can be managed. And, all important, you can track how your posts affect your fans and the world.
That’s it in a nutshell. Each of the media can do the above tasks. But you manage each in its own location. A management tool helps to bring that all together, which will save you time and provide a better cross-platform comparison of success.
There are many to choose from – what should you look for?
- What media (queue’s) they will manage
- How many “brands” at a time can be managed
- Calendar tool for scheduling posts are helpful
- Are they accessible from what devices: computer, phone
- Is easy-access support available
- Are learning tools available
- Do they offer research tools: relevant keywords, tags, trendings
- Some tools have available content to give you ideas about what to write
- Does the tool help manage paid ads
- Reporting tools are important: visits, shares, followers, reach, etc. must be available to analyze
Some that I’ve researched
Hootsuite – leader in the market, has a free package with which you can get started, move up when needed
Social Pilot – more robust than some below. Individual account is reasonably priced.
Buffer – free looks to be lacking in needed features, but might be good to get off the ground. Pro is reasonable at $15/month
PostPlanner – low cost, use for Facebook & Twitter only
Socialoomph – their forte is Twitter in the free plan
Friends+Me – use for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr in the free account
Zoho Social – use for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Instagram for a single brand
Decide what is important to you in your social media marketing campaigns – not all tools do all things.
Try out a few; many offer 30-day trials!
Happy Social Media Marketing!
Image Credit: Designed by Freepik